For all matches on the Show Courts, a team of three work together overlooking each court. One person acts as the ‘tennis expert’ calling what is happening, the second person acts as ‘data entry’ and enters the information into a computer whilst the third person operates the radar gun, enter serve statistics and collects the number of strokes in each rally.
Decisions will need to be made on various aspects of the serve, return of serve, number and type of shots played during a rally, how the point ended and the strategy deployed by both players.
On the non Show Courts and at the Qualifying competition where there are no radar guns present, one person will be responsible for collecting all the above data excluding serve speed and rally count information.
All successful candidates will be trained in all elements of data collection and will be required to be equally proficient in any of the above mentioned roles.
It is essential that all successful applicants have the following:
- A sound knowledge of the game of tennis is absolutely essential, together with previous playing experience ideally up to a minimum LTA rating of 3.1. However, consideration will be given to those who do not have the relevant rating, providing they can demonstrate their skill and knowledge through a series of practical assessments. All candidates should also regularly represent their college, university or club or have done within the past 5 years.
- Strong attention to detail and sound judgement in complex decision making.
- Ability to maintain a high level of concentration and attention to detail over an extended period of time.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure with the minimum of supervision.
Junior Tennis Centres Ltd (JTC), acting on behalf of The All England Lawn Tennis Club (the Club), has responsibility for the recruitment of the Data Collection team and other specialist temporary staff. In addition, JTC are contracted to IBM, the Official Supplier of Information Technology to the All England Club and The Championships, to provide tennis consultancy and services. JTC is an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or belief.